Friday, February 12, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window....the snow has collected into the corners of the sills, setting off the color of night and making me feel even cozier as I sip hot cocoa in my pomegranate-red living room.

I am thinking....how nice to have the house to myself...and to know I will share it again.

I am thankful for....the day Wayne was snowed in with us this week.

For learning....Jake and Kylie will continue verse/word studies using the 1828 Webster's Dictionary.

From the kitchen....have come several new recipes this week!

I am wearing....a long-sleeved, white cotton shirt with rhinestone-studded collar line, blue jeans, and my big pink piggy slippers that Kylie coaxed me into buying.

I am creating....more order little by little.

I am going....with my Valentine to the V-Day Dinner tomorrow where Jake and Kylie are serving with their youth group.

I am reading....The Illuminator by Brenda Rickman Vantrease.

I am hoping....to live more fully in Christ.

I am hearing....the comforting hum of the wood furnace blower against the quietness of being home alone.

Around the house....Mr. Clean's Magic Erasers have been busy!

One of my favorite things....is Jake's surprise shoulder massages.

A few plans for the rest of the week: tweak school plans, continue organizing and cleaning projects, reschedule lunch with a friend.

A picture thought of these journaling moments....

No comments: